Working on our 'Harvest Print Pals' picture ...
Adding eyes ...
Mixing the brown sugar into our apples ...
Adding the apple cider ...
Making the crisp ...
Adding the granola ...
It smelled so good!
And it tasted even better!
Collecting sticks for our teepee craft ...
Adding stickers of Native American symbols to our paper for our teepees ...
Maggie thought to add some of her plastic Indians to her teepee display! So fun!
Letter ' J':1. We practiced writing big letter 'J' and little letter 'j,' both on paper, and in the sugar tray.
1. We read Apples Here! by Will Hubbell.
2. We read A Visit to the Gravesens' Farm by Alice K. Flangan.
3. We made the 'Apple Crumble' recipe in our High Five magazine, November 2010 (pgs. 32-33).
4. We made 'Harvest Print Pals' by painting slices of apple, carrot, potato, and squash, then making prints on paper, followed by google eyes, arms, and legs.
5. We read Thanksgiving is for Giving Thanks by Margaret Sutherland.
6. We read The Peterkins' Thanksgiving by Elizabeth Spurr.
7. We read The Night Before Thanksgiving by Natasha Wing.
8. We read Thelonius Turkey Lives! by Lynn Rowe Reed.
9. We read The Can-Do Thanksgiving by Marion Hess Pomeranc and discussed how there are less fortunate people than we are, people that can't afford a Thanksgiving meal, therefore we should be very thankful for our blessings.
10. We read Thanksgiving is Here! by Diane Goode.
11. We made paper teepees for decoration for Thanksgiving.
12. We read Turk and Runt by Lisa Wheeler.
13. We read An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott.
14. We read Word Bird's Thanksgiving Words by Jane Belk Moncure.
Check back with us next week when we delve into our 'Our Bodies' curriculum, including our five senses, as well as the letter 'K' and continued study of Thanksgiving and Harvest. There will be so much to learn!