Saturday, January 14, 2017

John the Baptist

Lesson 101 of The Mystery of History, Volume I, is about John the Baptist, one of my favorite biblical characters.  Maggie and I read this lesson and she sobbed over his demise.  I love her bleeding heart for the Lord and His people.
After our reading, we completed the John the Baptist worksheet we found at http://www.teachingstriplingwarriors.com/new-testament/lesson-3-john-the-baptist-prepared-the-way-for-jesus-christ/.  It gives you the Scripture references to find the answers but Maggie was able to answer the questions without referring to the Scripture.
Once our worksheet was complete, we found a really neat sandal craft made from paper at http://www.jesus-without-language.net/john-the-baptist-matthew-3-make/.  We decided to put it together to help us remember John's famous words, "I baptize you with water for repentance.  But after me comes One who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry.  He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire" (Matthew 3:11, NIV).  This is actually one of my favorite verses in the Bible.  If you go to the link I added above, you can print off the template for the sandal craft.  It looks kind of hairy (below), but it wasn't hard to figure out.
 Once we punched holes in all the extensions of the template, we were able to take some twine and lace it up.  Neat!
We placed our sandal on our shelf to remember this lesson and John the Baptist's important words.
And for a little snack, we had a honey stick in honor of him!
Thanks for checking in with us!  Happy homeschooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment