Tuesday, October 27, 2015

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Like most American households, it is our annual tradition to watch this gem every Halloween, It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.  We love it.
Because Maggie doesn't get the advantage of having holiday class parties like Al and I remember so fondly, we decided to make some fun treats to surprise her with while we watched ol' Charlie this year.  Beforehand, I had purchased these awesome little plates and napkins from Oriental Trading.
 Then, I made some Halloween snack mix with white cheddar popcorn, pretzel sticks, candy corn, and Reese's Pieces.
I found a great idea for another snack at http://bubblynaturecreations.com/2014/10/pumpkin-patch-pudding-cups-easy-halloween-snack.html, called "Full Moon Pumpkin Patch Pudding Cups."  I made them and redubbed them "The Great Pumpkin Patch Pudding Cups."  They were so easy to make with chocolate pudding cups, Oreos (both crushed and halves with the icing intact), candy pumpkins, and a green gel writer.  They turned out so cute!
 For drinks, I bought Fanta orange soda in the mini bottles and removed their labels, then added green curling ribbon for "vines."
I laid out a couple of Sharpies so we could each draw out own Jack-o-lanterns onto the bottles!
To be silly, my husband put a rock on Maggie's plate to remind her that Charlie "got a rock" instead of treats.
But we filled her up after that little laugh!
Then, it was time for the show!
See you soon!

2 comments: