Thursday, September 25, 2014

Tooth Fairy Times

Well, it was an eventful day at our house!  Maggie lost her first tooth!  FINALLY.  (She is seven and I was starting to worry!)  She was so excited to finally anticipate a visit from the Tooth Fairy.  So today, I don a new hat ... Tooth Fairy!  I thought I'd share what I did for her for any of you awaiting this new role.

Here is Maggie, holding the tooth!
 Funny girl!
 We put the tooth in her "Tooth Exchange Pouch" for the Tooth Fairy.  (I picked this up at a local scrapbooking store years ago.)
 Then, we hung it on the headboard of her bed!
 Once she was asleep, I got to work!  First, I typed out this little note in very small font (size 8) from "Tina," her Tooth Fairy.  (Credit for this goes to my mom, as my Tooth Fairy was named Tina, too!)
 (I put a little tooth clip art on it to make it look special.)
Next, I rolled it up tight and tied a ribbon around it.  (This shows you how small it really is.)
 Then, I folded a $5.00 bill into a paper heart using a tutorial I found on YouTube.  With that, the rolled note, and a shiny quarter, I was ready to make the exchange!  Oh!  And I couldn't forget the sparkly white glitter for sprinkling on her windowsill!
I put everything in the bag and snuck it quickly back into her room!
I can't wait to see her excited face in the morning!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Maggie! What an exciting and memorable milestone!!

    I at long last have a blog up and running. (It needs lots of tweaking and I need some blog design help! Ack!) I will work in the next few days and weeks to document the rows we have completed so far. www.chasing-fire-flies.blogspot.com

    We loooooved Papa Piccolo....I think it was Emma's favorite so far! Going out for Gelato was a family favorite. ;-)

    Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooke! How great! I love your schoolroom and your jellyfish sandwiches! How cute! I also noticed you are using the same Apologia text this year with Emma! (We are doing the flying creatures, too!) All you need is a "Follow Me" button so I can keep track of you! Let me know if you have any questions about blogger along the way and I will try to help you. Are you on FB?

      Delete
    2. Actually, I was jus able to follow you by e-mail. I saw the option at the bottom! Great! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Will you look at the excitement and happiness in Maggie’s face after seeing what she got from her tooth fairy? That is such a clever idea, Rachel. You have very a lovely daughter, and I'm sure you are so proud of her. Thanks for sharing that wonderful moment! All the best to your family!

    Lindsey Hubbard @ Team Green Dentistry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsey! All the best to you and yours as well! :)

      Delete