Sunday, October 2, 2011

Great Books Week!

'A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age.'  -- Robertson Davies

So, this Tuesday starts the first week of our busy month of October.  As I stated in a prior post, we've got lots of things to cover this month, but as for the first week, this Tuesday through Friday (or Saturday and Sunday if history repeats itself), we will be studying the following:

1.  Calendar/Weather Updates;
2.  Bible Study;
3.  World Animal Day (Tuesday);
4.  World Smile Day (Friday);
5.  Universal Children's Week;
6.  Great Books Week;
7.  National Newspaper Week;
8.  Squirrel Awareness Month;
9.  Raptor Month;
10.  Fall;
11.  Letter Ee Review; and
12.  Math Concepts.
I know, I know, it's a lot, but two of those are only going to be covered on one day each, and the others I have divided well enough that I think we won't be too overwhelmed.  But, again, we also have the weekend if need be, and I think it may be a 'need be.'  As for our celebration of Great Books Week, I have picked 20 of my favorite 'Great Books' and divided them by the four days, meaning we will read five 'Great Books' per school day.  It will be interesting to see what you think about my picks.  What are your picks for 'Great Books?'

No comments:

Post a Comment