Working on her '10 Apples Up On Top' counting project ...
'Ten Apples Up On Top' of Maggie's head (that's her self-portrait at the bottom)!
My 'The Apple of Our Eye' cupcakes! I was so pleased with how they turned out! I decided to use Maggie's little Melissa and Doug fruit crates from her play kitchen to present them! They were a hit!
Cupcakes, with red frosting, dipped in red decorating sugar, with a tootsie roll stem and green candy leaf!
Jayden and Mags, enjoying theirs!
1. We completed our calendar activities, putting today's date up on the calendar, and discussing the month, what day of the week it is, what date, what season, and what kind of weather we're having.
1. We completed the daily devotion out of our God and Me book, for today's date -- 'Fighting Fires,' about being grateful to God for our firefighters. Then, we read Daniel 3 together.
2. We reread page 10 out of our The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children Stories, about the third day of Creation.
3. We reread pages 4 and 5 of The Story of Creation by Jane Ray.
1. We read The Zieglers and Their Apple Orchard by Alice K. Flanagan.
2. We made 'The Apple of Our Eye' cupcakes, as seen in Family Fun magazine, September 2010, page 144.
3. We read Ten Apples Up On Top! by Theo. LeSieg (Dr. Seuss).
4. We completed the 'Ten Apples Up On Top' activity on page 127 of our Great Teacher Projects book.
Children's Good Manners Month:
1. We read Disney's Elegant Book of Manners by Vincent Jefferds.
2. We completed the 'Good Manners' worksheet out of our Character Counts! Respect workbook, page 13, which required her to match the effect of good manners to each cause.
Letter Bb Review:
1. We completed page 3 of our Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Alphabet Learning Workbook, which required her to practice writing both uppercase B and lowercase b, to write a b in a word to complete that word, and to find her way through a maze of letters by connecting all the b’s.
Math Concepts (Counting):
1. We read One Crow: A Counting Rhyme by Jim Aylesworth.
2. We completed page 32 of our Getting Your Preschooler Ready for Math workbook, which required her to complete sequences of numbers.
Come back tomorrow!