Today was fun, with a trip to North Columbus Library for a Seuss celebration, and then some study at home on dairy cows and leprechauns! Here are some photos:
Getting her Read Across America certificate from Ms. Kim ...
Making her pan of green eggs and ham at the library ...
Our 'udder' (a latex glove, some milk, and a hanger)!
After she milked the 'udder' for a while, she proudly announced, 'Mommy, I'm a hero!' :)
Decorating her leprechaun mask ...
1. We attended Preschool Adventures at North Columbus Library, where we celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday, including the reading of Gerald McBoing Boing Sound Book (by Seuss) and a Green Eggs and Ham craft.
1. We found the 'T's in our letter magnets and spelled out words that start with 'T.'
1. We read Dairy Farm Doozie by Barbara Buzaldua.
2. We read Gloria the Cow by Paul Maar.
3. We read Mrs. Wow Never Wanted a Cow by Martha Freeman.
4. We read Boo-Hoo Moo by Margie Palatini.
5. We read Sakes Alive! A Cattle Drive! by Karma Wilson.
6. We read The Cow Who Clucked by Denise Fleming.
7. We watched the Vrrrooommm! Dairy Farming for Kids DVD that we borrowed from Netflix.
8. We practiced milking 'a cow' (a rubber glove filled with milk) into a bucket.
St. Patrick's Day:
1. We read St. Patrick's Day by Gail Gibbons.
2. We read That's What Leprechauns Do by Eve Bunting.
3. We read Lucky O'Leprechaun by Jana Dillon.
4. We read Lucky O'Leprechaun Comes to America by Jana Dillon.
5. We decorated a leprechaun mask.
1. We read Goose by Molly Bang.
2. We read Henny Penny by Paul Galdone.
3. We read Tippy-Toe Chick, Go! by George Shannon.
1. We read Rain! Rain! by Carol Greene.
2. We read Come On, Rain! by Karen Hesse.
3. We read Hurricane Music by Barbara Bottner.
Check back with us tomorrow when we feast on a very special 'Leprechaun Lunch!'