Waiting for the show to start at The River Center this morning ...
Showing off the 'U' and 'V' pages of her letter book ...
The materials for our 'Rainbow Melt' project (a pie tin, ice, and cups of differently colored salt)...
Pouring more ice in the pie tin (after doing this project, I would recommend a shallow layer and not as much as we used) ...
Then, pouring in the salt, each color in its own area ...
With all the salts added (again, use less ice than we did) ...
Watching the ice melt and the colors make rainbows!
Our potato stamp for our shamrocks painting ...
One heart, stamped three times + a green tail = a shamrock!
Painting grass under her shamrocks ... :)
Letters 'U' and 'V':
1. We made the 'U' page of our letter book.
2. We made the 'V' page of our letter book.
3. We read Short "u" and Long "u" Play a Game by Jane Belk Moncure.
1. We attended the Click, Clack, Moo show at The River Center, based on the book with the same name by Doreen Cronin.
2. We read The Cow Who Wouldn't Come Down by Paul Brett Johnson.
3. We read Moo Cow Kaboom! by Thacher Hurd.
4. We read Hunting the White Cow by Tres Seymour.
5. We read Cows by Peter Brady.
6. We read Moonstruck: The True Story of the Cow Who Jumped Over the Moon by Gennifer Choldenko.
7. We read Let's Visit a Dairy Farm by Alyse Sweeney.
St. Patrick's Day:
1. We listened to the Seal Maiden: A Celtic Musical CD that we borrowed from the library.
2. We sang 'My Gold Lies Under a Rainbow.'
3. We made a shamrock stamp out of a potato, dipped in green paint, as seen on FamilyFun.com.
4. We did the 'Rainbow Melt' project out of our The Everything Toddlers Activities book, page 234.
Tomorrow, we'll be making a leprechaun out of our handprints and we'll enjoy a visit to Paisley's house for a playdate. Thanks for reading! :)