Our 'Food Rainbow,' waiting for a trip to the grocery store ... (I also must mention that we discussed that rainbow starts with 'R,' our letter for the week, which is why it's underlined in our picture.)
Marking off the red band of her rainbow after finding tomatoes!
All done! (We wrote the names of the different fruits and vegetables in the bands of their respective colors.)
Making a lion mask at Preschool Adventures ...
We got a surprise today ... a Color Wonder kit in honor of our Dinosaurs curriculum!
1. We attended Preschool Adventures at North Columbus Library, where we learned about lions. (We read Face to Face Safari by Sally Hewitt, If I Were A Lion by Sarah Weeks, and One Yellow Lion by Matthew Van Fleet, as well as made a lion mask.)
2. We made birthday cards for Uncle Steven.
1. We found the 'R's in our letter magnets and spelled out words that start with 'R.'
Healthy Habits (Nutrition):
1. We went to the grocery store and found fruits and/or vegetables to match every color of the rainbow, and documented the same.
2. We read Shel Silverstein's poem, 'Carrot' in his book, Falling Up, page 105.
3. We watched the Elmo's World: Food, Water & Exercise! DVD that we borrowed from the library.
1. We read Derek the Knitting Dinosaur by Mary Blackwood.
2. We read Dear Tyrannosaurus Rex by Lisa McClatchy.
3. We read The Dinosaur Alphabet Book by Jerry Pallotta.
4. We read T-Rex is Missing! by Tomie dePaola.
5. We read Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff.
6. We watched the How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? DVD that we borrowed from the library.
7. We played with the Crayola Color Wonder: Dinosaur Train markers and coloring pad.
8. We read Dinosaur's Day by Ruth Thomson.
9. We read Dinosnores by Kelly DiPucchio.
10. We read How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague.
11. We read How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague.
1. We completed pages 11 and 21 of our Numbers 1-12 workbook (identifying groups of 5, and a numerical dot-to-dot).
Check back with us tomorrow when we make Valentine 'Luv Bugs' and make a Valentine for the birds!