Some photos from today:
The 'J' page of her letter book ...
Collecting leaves for a turkey craft ...
Making our fall leaves turkey ...
Waiting for our projects to dry ...
Our fall leaves turkey!
Jazzing up our handprint turkeys ...
Making the strips for our 'Paper-Strip Pumpkin' ...
Our 'Paper-Strip Pumpkin,' drying after our second visit with him. You won't get to see the finished product until tomorrow!
Today’s activities included:
1. We attended Toddler Time story time at Columbus Library.
1. We did the 'J' page of our letter book.
1. We read Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert.
2. We read A Chill in the Air: A Book of Nature Poems for Fall and Winter by John Frank.
3. We read One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims by B. G. Hennessy.
4. We read Happy Thanksgiving, Emily! by Claire Masurel.
5. We read Why We Have Thanksgiving by Margaret Hillert.
6. We read The Thanksgiving Beast Feast by Karen Gray Ruelle.
7. We read Celebrating Thanksgiving by Shelly Nielsen.
8. We read Gracias: The Thanksgiving Turkey by Joy Cowley.
9. We made a 'Paper-Strip Pumpkin' using construction paper and a toilet paper tube.
10. We made traditional handprint turkeys, but jazzed ours up a bit! We then read the handprint turkey poem to accompany our creations.
11. We made a turkey using fall leaves and a pinecone on cardboard.
12. We read Thanksgiving by Laura Alden.
13. We read The Thanksgiving Door by Debby Atwell.
14. We read Thanksgiving Is ... by Gail Gibbons.
This evening, before bed, we will read some more books about Thanksgiving, including:
1. Dora’s Thanksgiving by Sarah Willson;
2. Amelia Bedelia Talks Turkey by Herman Parish; and
3. Thanksgiving Treat by Catherine Stock.
I'm looking forward to next week, when we start a curriculum called Our Bodies. I have so many projects planned. Keep checking in with us!