Here are some of today's photos (there aren't many because we did LOTS of reading today since we started a new curriculum):
Here she is, at Preschool Adventures at North Columbus Library, drawing the picture you'll see below.
This is the first picture Maggie has ever 'drawn!' She told me it was a cat. I can see the head, eyes, and whiskers. I think the loop at the bottom is its tail. This makes me so excited!
Completing her counting zoo animals worksheet ...
And some worksheets identifying shapes ...
Coloring her pumpkin for her bag puppet ...
Her favorite school supply is definitely the glue stick! :)
Cheesin' with her pumpkin puppet ...
Today's activities included:
1. We attended the Preschool Adventures storytime and craft at North Columbus Library, where we learned about opposites.
1. We discussed and looked at big letter 'G' and little letter 'g' and words that start with 'G': grandparents, gumdrops, grapes, garbage, green, girl, grass, grasshopper, garden, grouch, gate, garlic, giraffe, globe, ghost, gift, guitar, goose, glasses, goggles, etc.2. We read My 'g' Sound Box by Jane Belk Moncure.
Zoo/Zoo Animals (General):
1. We read Dear Dragon Goes to the Zoo by Margaret Hillert.
2. We read A Trip to the Zoo by Susan Blackaby.
3. We read Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do You Hear? by Bill Martin, Jr. and Eric Carle.
4. We watched the A Trip to the San Diego Zoo DVD that we borrowed from the library.
5. We completed two worksheets with stickers that involved counting animals at the zoo.
6. We put together her wooden zoo animals puzzle.
8. We listened to the 'Zoo Sounds' track (#29) on our Animal Sounds CD.
1. We read the We See Shapes small Sesame Street board book.
2. We read the Big Bird’s Guessing Game About Shapes board book.
3. We found shapes around the house together.
4. We completed the So Many Shapes! worksheet with reusable stickers, as well as the Shapes at School worksheet with reusable stickers.
1. We read Dragon's Halloween by Dav Pilkey.
2. We read Minnie & Moo: The Night of the Living Bed by Denys Cazet.
3. We read Franklin's Halloween by Paulette Bourgeois.
4. We read The Biggest Pumpkin Ever by Steven Kroll.
5. We read Ten Timid Ghosts by Jennifer O'Connell.
6. We read Teddy's Halloween Secret by Gerlinde Wiencirz.
7. We read Zen Ghosts by Jon J. Muth.
8. We read Trick or Treat! by Jeannie Winston (a book about shapes!).
9. We read Corduroy’s Best Halloween Ever! by Don Freeman.
10. We read Happy Halloween, Little Critter! By Mercer Mayer.
11. We watched the Yo Gabba Gabba! Halloween! DVD that we borrowed from the library.
12. We colored a witch coloring sheet.
13. We made a pumpkin lunch bag puppet.
Check us out again tomorrow!